Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Best Week Yet



What?

I had a really good week this week. There were not much homework and I got a few surprises that made me a very happy person. On Friday night, I went for the Fall Community Dinner for international students at the Donaldson Brown Graduate Life Center with my friend, Mousumi, a Computer Science major from India. We see each other regularly thanks to the Toms Creek bus that takes us to and from school every day! During the dinner, I met so many of my friends: Seul and Na Mi from South Korea, Jing Jie from China and many others. We were very excited as we haven’t seen each other for a long time. After that, I went to the War Memorial Hall to play badminton (my favorite sport) with my fellow Malaysian graduate students and I saw Bella (she’s from Mongolia!). We talked for a while before my game starts. I’m glad that all of them are doing very well.

A picture of me and Na Mi in Cranwell back in August


So What?

There are too many reasons for me to be happy this week. I went for my first football game on Saturday! – Virginia Tech versus Duke! I got a student ticket and found myself a company. I saw my classmate Anne, while waiting for the bus and we basically stopped talking when we had to separate at the Coliseum. Sadly, I was baked alive that day as I was standing on the North stand with the sun smiling right onto my face, without a cap and a camera. I was quite frustrated but there is no need for that. Two hours in the sun and Duke hadn’t scored anything. It was an easy win for Tech (44-7). Many left early because the game was kind of boring and the winner was obvious. I left early too and managed to grab a Slurpee on my way home. At 5 p.m., my badminton-mates and I went shopping for winter apparels at Ross and T.J. Maxx in Christiansburg. Then we head over to Hunan King for a wonderful dinner!

Virginia Tech won!


Now What?

What a fulfilling weekend! Now, I really hope to get more football tickets (I’m hooked) and have more wonderful weekends like this. I have two tests this week and the coming week, quizzes as usual, and I wish that weekends don’t end as fast as they start. Great experience and great weeks ahead! Can’t wait to spend my first winter in Florida! Disneyworld, here I come!






No comments: