Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brownie Mania

It's Chinese New Year eve! Happy Reunion everyone! Hope those who are at home with their families would get the chance to enjoy all the good food and entertainment! How I miss those times, but my mum has promised to cook all of them for me once I'm home this summer! Can't wait!

I'm going to work at one of the dining halls here at Virginia Tech very soon, and for each 2 hour shift, I will get a free meal pass. Since I went for the training last Sunday, I got one and I went for the all-you-can-eat meal at D2 dining center yesterday. There's too much to say but I had a "Rockyroad brownie" and a piece of carrot cake for dessert and they were SO GOOD! Then I remembered that I have a packet of brownie mix at home and so I made brownies today right after I'm back from class =)) Easy and not bad at all.

Brownie - first take

Closer shot

Since I had a fulfilling lunch yesterday, I did not really feel like cooking rice. Don't blame me because I'm still using the conventional way to cook rice - on the stove. For unknown reason, I don't feel like buying a rice cooker. I remembered that I still had some leftover Sesame Oil Chicken in the fridge, so I boiled some Korean Somen (Korean wheat noodles, very similar to Chinese longevity noodles) and added the reheated chicken on top. Very nice!


Somen with Sesame Oil Chicken
Since I cook on my own, I have loads of pictures of my cooking. No worries, I will update them slowly, especially when I'm out of topic :P

No comments: