Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mummy, I miss your cooking~

Working at the dining hall is a lot of fun! I get knowledge, experience, friends and food! However, the setback is: I don't have as much time to do some personal activities like updating my blog, reading novels etc. My first day at work cost me extreme body-ache when I woke up the next morning. (I know you are laughing at me! :P). This is the price I have to pay for my sedentary lifestyle, but I can say I'm much fitter now! Thanks to all  the walking and standing for more than 4 hours per shift.

My beloved "jie jie" (elder sister) took pictures of my mum's CNY dishes and I was drooling all over my laptop when looking at them. Thank you~ ;) How I've missed them! But no worries because mummy has promised me to cook the exact same dishes for me when I go home for summer holiday. Yay!


Sushi King's "lou sang". Jie jie and mummy said it's really good. Too bad, I can only look at it's 2D image. Next time, next time~


CNY eve lunch: Steamboat! Note that all the ingredients are fresh (even the fishballs). This is because my jie jie doesn't like processed food LOL! 


I miss the feeling of having every meal with everyone together around the table.  >.<


CNY eve dinner: (Clockwise from left) Steamed grouper, Braised trotter in dark soy sauce, Stir-fry cabbage (quite simple, don't you think? But I love all of them!!!! There's no such fish here in Bburg - sad isn't it?) Yumyum~


CNY Day 1 lunch: Since it's the first day of the Lunar calendar, my family had a vegetarian meal. (Clockwise from left) Braised dried beancurd in oyster sauce, Stir-fry cauliflower, Fried oyster mushroom, Fried imitation beancurd prawn. Wonderful!


CNY Day 2 lunch: Now all the CNY ingredients are coming out! (clockwise from left) Abalone and pig's stomach from the soup, Fried "ma yau" fish (Four-finger Threadfin) with dark sauce, Braised sea cucumber with Chinese black mushroom, Soup, Stir-fry turnip. *Drools*


CNY Day 3 lunch: My sisters were returning to their schools very soon so this meal's really, really "rewarding". Hahaha. (clockwise from left) Ayamas Roast Chicken, Lotus root soup, Braised bamboo shoots, Pan-fried prawns, Braised stuffed fish maw. Yummmmmm~

As for today, I tried, for the first time in my life, to make two hard-boiled eggs for my lunch because I was too lazy. You know what I mean. It's kind of irritating to wash a whole frying pan just because of one fried egg. XD Since I forgot what my mum told me, I went and searched online. I got the recipe here and I got perfect hard-boiled eggs. 

Aren't they beautiful? My peeled work of art~ 


The yolks are cooked to perfection, no gray tint! Success! They looked a bit rugged here - my bad, I cut them with a teaspoon. These were really great with some light soy sauce~ haaaa

Till then...

2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

hahaha i bet you are looking forward to coming home to the lovely cookings

Yi Lin said...

Yup! Can't wait actually.