Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chinese New Year is here!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Even though I am not home to savor the joy and Chinese-New-Year-only FOOD, I am glad that my sisters are able to accompany my mum and dad besides finishing up all the home-made festive cookies at home :P For your information, since Chinese New Year is not celebrated in places other than Chinatown here in the US, there is no holiday and life goes on for me as usual. I still have classes and lab.

However, this day is always special for me because I got a lot of happy surprises all on one day! I managed to get a job at Shultz Dining Center (and my job schedule), met a dear ex-classmate after class and had a wonderful lunch with 2 of my Korean friends, as well as an extremely fun and exciting lab session =)


My lunch - turkey, steamed green and yellow zucchini side and a mixed vegetable side - Awesome!

My dear Korean friends!

A few hours after the lunch session is my lab at the greenhouse:

Groupmate #1 (note his muscles lol) 

Raw lettuce seeds on the wet paper towel. Note how tiny they are =)

Groupmate #2 with her primed lettuce seeds.
Tired though I was, today was one of those eventful days that I really enjoy having. I always look forward to happy times like this because nothing is more important in life (maybe there is/are for others)  than to be happy!

No comments: