Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My first CNY in Bburg


Happy Chinese New Year!! How time flies huh? I could clearly recall my mum telling me CNY's menu-of-the-day and now almost a week is gone! Both my sisters are back to their respective schools and my mum has returned to her faithful duty of skyping with me every night (her morning).

Even though there are not many Malaysians here, I still had a very eventful weekend! Mind you, when all of you in Malaysia are having your feast, I was studying for my quizzes and doing my homework. There is no CNY holiday here :( So instead of celebrating it on the real day, I did it during the weekend on Saturday. 

My first stop was at a Malaysian-Chinese family's place. We had steamboat and most of the ingredients were artificially-made and frozen. They weren't too bad considering that we are surrounded by mountains and not seas hence no fresh seafood (except the shrimps/prawns). I enjoyed it a lot and thanks to SW and family, I can still have steamboat here in Bburg. What's more, I got an "angpau" or red packet here! Who doesn't like receiving angpaus correct? :P


Pictures are not that clear - I will consider a dslr when I'm rich enough

Plate #1

Plate #2

Plate #3


My next stop was at a Malay friend's place. They were having a celebration for their newborn daughter and since it's CNY too, it's the best time to have everyone over! There was a sea of people, so I was not able to take pictures because my bag (with my camera inside) was buried somewhere deep in the corner of the house. (lol) Too bad, but the chicken rice was awesome and there's even "Char Kuay Teow"!! I missed it so so much. 

The CNY event that I went to at Tech with a bunch of Chinese (from China) students
More on CNY to come! Stay tuned~

3 comments:

Small Kucing said...

wow looks like a real feast you had over there!

Yi Lin said...

Yup! It was not bad at all! I'm glad I don't need to celebrate CNY alone =)

Yi Yi said...

the eggs are white! haha
artificial, but better than none :)
hehehe