Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's all about meat!





I apologize that I did not update my blog yesterday night. I was too tired and so I went to sleep early =) As for my meat topic today, I am referring to the fact that I am currently taking an Introduction to Animal and Poultry Science class and our first worksheet requires us to visit the local Kroger (a retail supermarket chain in the United States).

We are provided with a set of papers that we need to fill in with information on the prices, brands and many other criteria of fresh meats (beef, poultry, lamb, pork) and processed ones. I did not take any pictures so just imagine my friends and I counting the per square foot tiles on the floor to estimate the size of the meat shelves! It was real fun plus a little bit of confusion.

I hope I don't offend any vegans/vegetarians here but the T-bones and ribeye steaks definitely made our mouths water. Since we were close to dinner time, we went right to Kobe Japanese Express (since they are "express", they usually do takeouts) right after our project and got ourselves some meat! I admit that I'm really big on meat as I couldn't stop myself from ordering steak; maybe it's psychological. :P


Gloria happy with her food =))

Her chicken teriyaki with brocolli

Natalie who's really happy she learned how to use the chopsticks.

Me with my meal.

Beef teriyaki with brocolli (The rice is flavored)


Thanks to the girl who offered to take a picture for us.

Overall, the meal wasn't too bad. I don't like the sweet carrots though (The orange rounds on our plates were carrots) and the beef was quite tough. They must be USDA select beef! And as usual, the meal was USD10.30 inclusive of refillable soft drinks. This day was really satisfying, and I learned so much about meat from the friendly personnels at the meat section in Kroger! I really look forward to something like this again!




2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Thanks for adding me in you blog list and following me. Have done the same.

Happy Chinese New Year to you

Yi Lin said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you too! Enjoy all the good food and entertainment!