Sunday, November 7, 2010

Unfortunate Doggie Event



What?

I feel as if I’m residing in a gigantic refrigerator. When the wind blows, I’m upgraded to the freezer, and when the temperature drops below 0, I’m officially the resident of the freezer. Let’s not make things colder around here. My busy week wasn’t too bad but I had a day of unfortunate events – on Wednesday. Early in the morning, when I was on my way to the bus stand, I crossed the wrong place at the wrong time. It was the shortcut that I take every day and this time, a big collie (I think) was doing its toilet business. It was too late to turn back; the dog saw me, looked me in the eye, started barking and refused to let me go. Unfortunately, I am not really an animal person and I tried to stay as calm as possible. Thank goodness the owner was there and he managed to get his dog under control. I’m glad I didn’t run but when I reached the bus stand, I saw the bus leaving. Fantastic! For me, it’s not a good omen especially when I have a test that day. Thankfully, I was not late for class.


 blogs.seattleweekly.com
Puppies are ok, but big ones scare me



So What?

My excitement for the football game in my previous blog stops was wasted when I got myself a severe headache on the day of the game. But I definitely made a good choice by not undergoing the wrath of a more-than-3-hours “refrigeration”. It was a very good game, with VT emerging as the winner (28-21) after a few close encounters – I watched ESPN live in the warmth of my apartment. Let’s go, Hokies! Thinking about the beginning of the weekend, I realized how crazy I was. On Sunday evening (October 31, 2010), I went to the Math Emporium to take my Math test (the score was not too bad, but not too good either) and grabbed 10 cans of Campbell’s mushroom and chicken soup from Kroger after that. They were really cheap! – 10 for USD 5! I know they can get much cheaper after Thanksgiving but since they can be stored for a long time, why not? I thought I might want to just in case I decided to hibernate during winter. Weekend is not too fun though because I don’t feel like doing anything in the cold weather.





Now What?

I’m going to Washington D.C. this weekend! How fun! I’m attending an entrepreneur seminar organized by the Malaysian Embassy and almost everything is taken care of (accommodation, food etc.). I can go sightseeing, meeting with other people, and most importantly, SHOPPING! I was told that there is a huge mall right beside the hotel I’m staying in! That is why I'm writing this blog ahead of time. I might need to rush things through this week but no worries; everything usually turns out well for me. Even though all the assignment and paper deadlines are near, I will try my best to finish everything before enjoying my trip. I hope the dog doesn't hold a grudge on me, and may all be well this week!


grosvenorfund.com
D.C., here I come!






No comments: