Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Break



What?

I mentioned something about a trip to Washington D.C. in my one of my blogs. So I did go there even though I was having one of the busiest weeks. Despite that, I had an exciting weekend in D.C.  Accommodation, food, transport and almost everything was provided by the Malaysian government and they were wonderful! All of us stayed at Tyson’s Corner Marriot, Virginia and were provided with Malay food! As for my Thanksgiving break this week, I didn’t go to my roommate’s place for the week. Reason: I know I would not be able to do my work (there’s so much to do!) if I enjoy myself too much – need to be in control.


Met my INTEC friends at the Malaysian Embassy


Didn't manage to visit the Washington Monument


So What?

The entrepreneurship seminar was held at the Malaysian Embassy in Washington D.C. and it went quite well. I was quite distracted though as my thoughts were on shopping and sightseeing most of the time. However, that did not happen as I wished because the seminar started on Friday evening (ice-breaking session), the whole Saturday and ends only on Sunday afternoon. But I still managed to get myself new winter boots, sneakers and a handbag, so it wasn’t so bad after all. As for this week, I stayed in my apartment, watching series after series of dramas online, which means I didn’t really do much work. There were two interesting events, the first is a lunch gathering for the Eid al-Adha celebration and a Thanksgiving “dinner” at Dr. Francis Quek’s place. I’m totally addicted to roast turkey now. It’s so good! And all the food’s good too!


Carving the turkey

Dr. Quek giving his speech

Food glorious food!

With  my new found Peruvian friend, Alexandra

View of Blacksburg from Brush Mountain



Now What?

Thanksgiving is fun! Next time around, I won’t miss the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving with Katherine’s family in Arlington. As for the Black Friday sale, I didn’t get anything - maybe next time when I have something to buy. I think I might be in Winter break mode now. I really look forward to another trip somewhere out of town and I don’t feel like doing any work. Again, the coming three weeks are going to pass really fast because they are all assignment and presentation deadlines, and final exam! Good luck to me!





No comments: