Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring, Spring, Spring

My first Spring in Blacksburg is not bad at all: plenty of wind, rainfall and beautiful flowers! It's been a long, long time since I've published a new post because 24 hours in a day is just not enough for me (Okay, maybe it's my fault :P) Good news is, the semester will be over in less than a month's time. Bad news is, I don't know how I did for this semester *fingers crossed*

I did not take as many pictures as I used to because I kept leaving my camera at home >.<




I'm really thankful that I got a job at the dining hall. I get experience, friends, salary, free food, free food and free food! Last month, we had this annual (I think should be every semester, not too sure about it :P)" Student Starz" activity for all dining halls' student staff. Food, games, fun, you name it. Food looked really good that day, but too bad, I was working that day and I took my dinner break. Just got some snacks. Also, what's more important, I met up with some of my friends and we enjoyed it a lot.


It's held in D2 this year. It's my favorite dining hall --> New, beautiful, and BUFFET STYLE lol!
 
My friend, an exchange student from China majoring in Food Science and Technology.

My plate of snacks. Clockwise from 11 o'clock : Hazelnut gelato, Chocolate mousse, I-dont-know, Raisin roll (I think), Mango pudding?, and the winner = Raspberry crumble! I think most people know how Waffle fries in the middle taste like. (We call it Waffle fries here. Do we call it Criss-cut fries in Malaysia?)

My friend's. Notice the cute salad cup behind the Choco mousse. There is a baby carrot, green bean, purple cauliflower and something else in it. Very creative, but living in the United States will never make me eat raw salads! XD

Then Isabelle joined us; she's a Biochemistry major, and we are all under Virginia Tech's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences!

Hope we'll have this again in Fall semester. Cannot wait to enjoy the hot and humid weather of my beloved Malaysia =) Final exams' next week anyways. Wish  me luck!

2 comments:

Yi Yi said...

good luck for ur exams, sayang :)

Yi Lin said...

Thank you my dearest jiejie :)