Sunday, April 24, 2011

Food, Glorious Food

A compilation of good food pictures taken with my beloved Panasonic Lumix digital camera given to me by my parents before I come over to Blacksburg.

My third Third Pounder before taking a picture of it. This is McDonald's Angus Mushroom and Swiss, but I personally prefer Angus Bacon and Cheese. I also did not take a picture of the limited edition Angus Bacon and Cheese with Chipotle Sauce. Not available in Malaysia! :P

Don't judge a book by its cover. It's not up to my expectation, but not too bad nonetheless.

 International House of Pancake's (IHOP) Belgian Waffle set (mine) with two sides. I chose scrambled eggs and sausage. Very good and seriously filling. My stomach felt like bursting after finishing the whole plate. It doesn't matter because I heart waffles very very much =))

My friend's chicken set. Very large portion as well and really good too! Grilled chicken breast, brocolli and cheese sauce, steak fries and a toast.

Another friend's Blueberry pancakes. I did not try this. I used to be addicted to pancakes but I don't really like them now because I eat them all the time. To all pancake fans out there, please forgive me XD

At a friend's place in Roanoke for lunch. Tandoori chicken! Some Malaysian food at last, eh?

Beef curry. Yum yum! Miss curry a lot too. I don't know how to cook good curry..Too bad.

Chicken with potatoes and vege in soy sauce gravy I think. So good! I skipped the Acar picture because I don't like Acar. Haha!

American food that I tapau-ed from Owen's Dining Hall here at Tech. I always get my food from this booth because I love all the carbohydrates and protein (if you get what I mean. If not then go figure). Clockwise from top left: Mac & cheese, Mashed potatoes and gravy, Southern-style green beans, roast pork.


All dishes below are prepared by none other than Yours Truly.
My first batch of oven-baked chicken wings- I made four wings. Looked a lil' dry but tasted heavenly! (It's true!)

Close up of the wings. Let me know if you are drooling because I need to know if they look good :)

Second attempt for dinner at my friend's place - made 19 wings this time. A success of course! And they didn't look as dry! Everyone said they are really good. *on cloud nine* My mum will be jealous of my Pyrex bakeware if she sees this, especially when they're so cheap here :D

The "Ais Kacang" or Malaysian-style Snow Cone that I made during Virginia Tech's International Street Fair. I was kind of sad because I missed the whole thing :( Had to man my snow cone booth :P

Korean somen in Herbal Chicken soup. Thanks to the dried herb sachets I brought over from Malaysia.

My American Breakfast. Sort of. I was too hungry so I took a bite from the whole-wheat toast.

2 comments:

Yi Yi said...

gila...all the food looks so good!
esp the chicken herbal soup :)
some back n cook for us la..the chicken wings n all :)

Yi Lin said...

really? hehehe..I'm so happy you said that. Ya sure, will cook for all of you when I'm home ;)