Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flight Review, literally #2

Okay, I just have to share this. Since my flight from Roanoke to Charlotte was on a tiny plane, there are just 2 seats on each side - and I always prefer the aisle seat. I was kind of excited because no one's sitting beside buttt....a cute guy sitting behind me asked if anyone's sitting beside me and I said no. So he apologized to the lady sitting beside him and asked if he could take the window seat beside me. I said yes, of course, not just because he's cute but also common courtesy :P 

Hence that flight was way shortened because we were talking and time seemed to fly. While I was heading to NY, he's heading to San Francisco, and both our flights were delayed. So we went to get some dinner together and talked again until my departure time's up. Fun huh? At least I don't have to wait for my flights alone..and I got a new friend!

So, US domestic flight #2

This time around, the plane's way bigger than the first. It's still under US Airways and it's my first time on an Airbus 320. Journey's about 2 hours I think and there's no entertainment whatsoever on board. No food was provided but drinks were. Choose anything from wine to juices and soft drinks. I took plain water - need to rehydrate because it's soooo dry it's hard to swallow! 

This flight was not as comfortable because it was so HOT inside. I was wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt and the air blasting out of the "hole" was neither hot nor cold. It might be because the plane was full, but they could still control the temperature. I could not sleep and was awake until I reached JFK at a little after midnight.

Here's the exciting part. I'm supposed to spend my night at JFK because my flight to Hong Kong is at 10 am the next day. Lucky for me (I'm always lucky :P), I met an Australian at the Air Train and she's going to spend the night at JFK's Terminal 4 as well. Her flight back to Australia is at 11 am the next day, so we went in search of sockets so that we can use our laptops. we found one in front of a closed pastry shop and sat right in front of it, on the floor. I didn't sleep at all but at least I wasn't alone.

Why Terminal 4? Because it's the only terminal operating 24 hours. No worries of getting hungry because there're McDonald's, Au Bon Pain and other cafes open as well. Unless you can find one, most of the seats will be occupied by sleeping people. It's fascinating, really. Oh yea, internet's available for a fee hahah! Since I'm stingy and was not too desperate to use the internet, I just watched a few movies on my computer to pass the time.

The view in front of our "resting place". See the others "resting"? lol

Can you see a person somewhere in the picture? Oh, and the stall in front of us was open too.

The pastry shop we sat in front of :D

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

J. Y said...

Cute guy >< haha! I wish there were cute guy beside when i take my bus back to kuantan from kl too then which unfortunately not most of the time lol.