Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Joy of Spring Break ~ Day 1

I apologize for being so slow in updating my blog. I had two grueling weeks of studying and exams and right after that, a trip to none other than the capital of The United States, Washington D.C. As a person who truly enjoys city life, I could not wait to get out of Blacksburg :D As usual, when one travels, accommodation is usually "not that cheap", especially in BIG cities. 


Fortunately, I have a few friends over in University of Maryland at College Park and I managed to crash there for a few days. Maryland is really close to DC and they have Metro train services, so my friends taught my graduate friend and I how to use the train and visit some of the most famous landmarks in the world! 


Snapping away at one of UMD's many entrances.


UMD's Memorial Chapel; it's really pretty inside. It's a shame I haven't been to VT's.


The pool in front of McKeldin Library. I guess the fountains were not switched on because it's still cold.


While I am a "Hokie", UMD's students are "Terps" (for Terrapin)


There is a metal turtle in between the flag poles; there are turtles everywhere on campus haha! US flag on left, UMD's on the right. 


We managed to grab some frozen yogurt at Yogiberry after our UMD tour right before dinner time. They are so, so good and addictive. Since they are not ice-cream (and much healthier) :) there was no guiltiness whatsoever even though I was practically pouring white chocolate sauce over my cup of froyo on bottom
 left.


They are all self-serve, so grab your cup on the left, choose your flavor(s) and fill your cup, move over to the right and choose your topping(s) if you want, pour all the sauce you want, move to the counter, put your cup on the weighing scale and pay up! Mine cost a little bit over USD5. :D As you can see from above, I got myself a Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cup and some colored rice while others got whatever caught their eyes. Very interesting, eh?


This might not look too appetizing but they tasted really good. White for "cake batter" (not really cake batter haha), light  brown for "oreo" and purple for "taro". 

We then headed back to my friend's apartment where she cooked Tom Yam chicken for us (made from Malaysia's Maggi Tom Yam cubes!). Dinner was great because her friend from George Washington University dropped by and we were joined by others from UMD as well. Day 2 is even better! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Small Kucing said...

the yogurt looks so yummy